Totally useless & they take money without consent.

• Ease Of Navigation

rierie's review of Genes Reunited - www.genesreunited.co.uk

“Totally useless and they take money without consent.”

Written on: 30/07/2011 by rierie (2 reviews written)

I signed up in 2005 and it was fairly good, I found the site easy to navigate and found a couple of relatives, then completely forgot about it until January this year (2011) when I paid for 6 months membership because I remembered how useful it used to be, but this time round, the site was so difficult to navigate and I found there was too much on it and they expect you to pay for things that you can get for free on Ancestry and a few other websites, they kept sending me emails saying 'is this your relative' even though I'd already contacted the owners of the trees these relatives were in and today I had a receipt email saying they've taken payment for membership, as I supposedly had it on automatic renewal, which I didn't even know about, but I found out they were supposed to send an email 2 weeks beforehand to let me know they were going to take the money, they didn't send this and just took money from my partners card without consent, I tried to find a telephone number but there isn't one, so I tried to find how to cancel membership and if there is information about how to do this it's extremely well hidden, so I've sent an email as that's the only way to contact them which is ridiculous as my partner needs the money they've taken in his account tomorrow to pay a very important bill.
I'm hoping for a refund as they shouldn't have taken the money in the first place, other sites that have card details ALWAYS ask if they can use the card they have on file and also ask security questions to make sure the card belongs to you, GenesReunited don't do this.

• Ease Of Navigation