A great smartphone

• Style

reviewkitten's review of Samsung Galaxy S4

Samsung Galaxy S4

“A great smartphone”

Written on: 18/07/2013 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for about 3 months now and I love it. The design is better than the S2 (which is my last phone). It's slim and really light but still has a large enough screen for me to watch films and TV on. It has some great features including the ability to scroll web page without having to touch the screen, just a little nod of the head up or down - perfect on crowded trains. It also automatically stops video playback if I look away from the screen and has a raft of included apps that I haven't tried out yet.

The battery appears to last quite a while too. I can be online all evening and still have enough power for the next day too. As with any Android phone I've got lots of apps from Google Play and they all work fine on the S4. The screen is really lovely, watching videos or playing games is a joy as the colours are crystal clear.

The camera is possibly the best thing about the phone. 12MP with a HD video, I've been able to take some beautiful shots that look almost professional with hardly any effort.

I've had a go on the iPhone and iPad and just felt that they were not as intuitive as the S4 is. Maybe I'm just too used to Android now to switch. For now I'm happy with my mobile, it feels like I haven't even scratched the surface with the features and would recommend to anyone looking for an iPhone alternative (another bonus. No iTunes!).

• O2