Good camera, poor functionality

• Reception

• Style

GeraldH's review of Nokia N8

Nokia N8

“Good camera, poor functionality”

Written on: 13/07/2012 by GeraldH (7 reviews written)

I got the Nokia N8 phone as an upgrade from my N86, hoping they would have ironed out a lot of the software bugs - but they hadn't.

This phone is slow, clunky and just very disappointing. You get the feeling that it's trying to be an iPhone, but it just doesn't work as well.

On the face of it, the specs are good. A decent amount of storage memory, a good camera and a reasonably sized screen with a good resolution. Unfortunately, it is just glaringly obvious that they should have paid attention to one thing above all others - usibility.

The one saving grace for this phone is the camera, which is phenomenal. It's amazing being able to record in HD and upload professional looking video clips to YouTube. I'm not a big video maker but I do like to do a bit of casual editing, and the N8 helps a lot with that. In fact, it's the only reason I have kept it since I got my (you've guessed it) iPhone.

• O2