Verizon Motorola DROID

• Style

hdenison's review of Motorola DROID

Motorola DROID

“Verizon Motorola DROID”

Written on: 31/03/2012 by hdenison (1 review written)

Whether or not I would suggest this phone to a friend would have much to do with what exactly it was they were looking for. Some of its qualities are exceptional, while others have quite a ways to go.

My favorite feature overall is the internet access, and for the most part the 3g coverage is fantastic. It loads quickly and is quite convenient. The phone's texting capabilities are also nearly perfect. The joint touch screen keyboard and full slide keyboard make it easy to type no matter what your preference, and there are at least two different methods of texting depending on the length of text and preferred viewing method. The screen and graphic quality are pretty darn good as well.

As far as deficiencies are concerned, I'd have to say the biggest problem is phone call clarity and reception. I can text all day, but as soon as I try to make a phone call, even in the same area, suddenly all my bars are gone. It is nearly impossible to make a call lasting more than five minutes without at least one drop, and it often sounds like the other person is calling from the bottom of a well.

So if, like my father, you'd just like to be able to make a phone call, I would suggest going with another phone and service provider. If, however, like myself, you enjoy the more non-traditional phone aspects and call quality is secondary, you can hardly go wrong with the Motorola DROID.

• Over 1 Year