Smart & straightforward

• Style

veMartin1's review of LG Nexus 5

LG Nexus 5

“Smart and straightforward”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by veMartin1 (1 review written)

When I realised my old phone was no longer up for the job, I started looking around for a new Android smartphone. The first call was the Samsung S5, but there were so many reports of faults with the Samsung range, and abysmal customer service. I checked out the good looking HTC One which was tempting. But the LG Nexus 5 had the edge with price. The only downside appeared to be the lack of extra storage. All round the reviews were good, so I went for the 32G version.

It arrived promptly, and worked straight out of the box. The Google contacts were there straight away, and all the apps I needed loaded and ran without any problem. Storage is no problem at all (ok, I don't use it for music which would take up 8-10G) but I use it for just about everything - including with Kindle app for reading, reading the Economist, photos, e-mails, browsing, calendar ... I don't know how I worked without it.

There are some great touches - the notification light is multicoloured, so I get a white/yellow light for an e-mail, a red light for a BBC news flash, a blue light for a facebook notification and a green light for an eBay notification.

On the down side, the browser is not as good as on a PC, but hey, this is a smartphone.

• Virgin