Very Frustrating Phone

Guest's review of HTC Desire C

HTC Desire C

“Very Frustrating Phone”

Written on: 24/07/2013

My husband and I bought these phones as they were on a deal at out local 3 store, and we got contracts including everything we needed for £25 a month for both phones so good value.

The phones we tried out in the store worked well, had good screens and did everything we needed them to, for me this was mostly just calls and texts with the occasional bit of internet use, for my husband lots of video streaming.

Both the phones worked well for a couple of months or so, but less than a year down the line they are frustratingly slow. Internet pages take an age to load, even when at home on the wifi, with full signal strength and sitting right next to the modem. Videos lag, the whole phone freezes up for no apparent reason, sometimes while waiting for apps to load it stops and dumps you back at the home screen. Even the contacts list takes forever sometimes.

We have tried to use as little storage as possible to see if this speeds things up but it doesn't.

In all the phone is horribly unresponsive, the only reason I haven't thrown it out the window of a moving car yet is I still have more than a year left on the contract, and can't afford to go and buy a better model outright.

It makes calls and texts fine, but frankly so does my Dad's 12 year old Nokia.

They are cheap, but not worth the little money they cost.

• 3