good technical improvement

• Style

NickPatrick's review of Apple iPhone 5

Apple iPhone 5

“good technical improvement”

Written on: 17/10/2012 by NickPatrick (2 reviews written)

lighter, bigger screen and quicker performance. I think Apple did what they need to do and improve power and make it better, rather than pack in loads more features.

The slightly bigger phone helps a bit, i use my phone for work emails and the Roambi app which i sell, so both are more useable with this extra screen space.

The map problems have been well documented, but so far i've had no problems and its certainly quicker than the 4 that I had and my work phone which is a 4S.

I also like the fact that i simply backed up my phone contents to iTunes and then re-imported.

I'm logging this as fantastic value for money as i didn't have to pay for my upgrade - i simply signed into a new contract for an extra £7 a month or so (and get more minutes as a result as well). Can't complain about that!

Minor grumbles:
1. It still has Siri, and i've not really got on with it, and it doesn't seem to like the fact that i'm not in the US.
2. Also when locked, sometimes the screen zooms in and its pretty difficult to slide the off switch which is the only thing that zooms it back out. Weird little bug that no doubt will be sorted soon.
3. Its so light i keep thinking its fallen out of my pocket.

• Three