Would recommend but Warranty / Repairs a joke

• Reception

• Style

JamieMc's review of Apple iPhone 3GS

Apple iPhone 3GS

“Would recommend but Warranty / Repairs a joke”

Written on: 27/07/2011 by JamieMc (4 reviews written)

I love my iphone but I have a gripe that I think applies to many. When things go wrong and you are out of the 12 months warranty nobody from Orange or Apple want to know you!!!!!

It is well documented that problems existed with all the iphones so if there are so many problems, and lets face it iphones are not cheap to buy, why is it that you have to have expensive insurance to see out your contract.

Are Apple basically saying that the iphone is only good if you have a 1 year contract?

My iphone developed a software glitch and started calling people from my phonebook at all hours (even 2,3,4am) but the calls didnt show in the calls list. After several restores the phone then wouldnt recognise the Apple supplied charger so it effectively ran flat and couldnt be used.

Orange and Apple didnt want to know as phone was 14months old. But luckily I have insurance BUT it took 9 weeks to get it fixed. Did orange credit me the lost 2 months? Did they hell as like.

DEAR APPLE, I LOVE THE IPHONE BUT SEEING AS 1 YEAR CONTRACTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE WHY WONT YOU SUPPORT THE PRODUCT TO A MORE REALISTIC 18,24 MONTHS which would fit in more with contract lengths???????

• Orange