If a certain beer manufacturer made Sound Moderators...!!!

From 1 review

RRogerRabbit's review of MAE T12 Sound Moderator

“If a certain beer manufacturer made Sound Moderators...!!!”

Written on: 20/12/2011 by RRogerRabbit (8 reviews written)

I first hear of these when searching online for the best 17HMR moderator. I was put off initially by the price and people saying they were expensive and hard to get hold of.

I then read a comparson of several different moderators in Sporting Rifle and these came out as one of the top 2 - so I started looking around.

JMS Arms are MAE's official UK supplier - so I contacted them and turns out they stock the entire range on site (MAE are a New Zealand base company).

Then I actually heard one one a .243 - and decided I needed one!!!

I've tried or heard pretty much every other moderator on .243, .17 HMR, and .22 Rifmire and these really are the only moderator that sound noticeably quieter than anything else!

They are stainless steal and a sealed unit - so unlike everything else there is no need to worry about corosion or stripping it to clean it! Perfect!

They are precisely bored to suit your specific calibre which is a big factor in reducing noise. They also do every conceivable type of thread so no worries about fitting it to your gun - there is a rear bush that needs to be bored out for your barrel but JMS do this on site for you!

The T12 is the Centrefire .243 version, though they do a cut-down version for rimfire which is a very similar design. The one's I have are over-the-barrel/reflex design for both rimfire and centrefife, and though they are stainless steel they actually balance on the gun very well and do not add much to the

Rrogerrabbit's Response to RRogerRabbit's Review

Written on: 21/12/2011

...felt-weight.

Cost-wise they aren’t the cheapest at £240 for the rimfire and £310 for the Centrefire – however if you’re going to get a top-end mod then these are definitely your best choice in my opinion – they are non corrosive and very very quiet, and if I’d just gotten one of these rather than trying several and been disappointed so swapped then I would have saved an awful lot of money!

As the old saying goes “you get what you pay for” – these are definitely worth the money!

Rrogerrabbit's Response to RRogerRabbit's Review

Written on: 03/01/2012

Still really chuffed - my mates cannot believe how quiet the .22 is now! .17 is quiet out the barrel but still noisy when the round goes supersonic - nothing I can do about that though as it's mid-flight that this happens!