Guess you get what you pay for

Guest's review of Escort magnum 12g smi auto

“Guess you get what you pay for”

Written on: 05/05/2013

I have owned my 3" chambered Escort semi auto 12 gauge shotgun for a few years now. It generally operates well but I have just shot the opening of the 2013 duck season and broken the 5th spring clip that holds the gas piston bushing to the action bar. This means the gun won't cycle the next round into the chamber. I was assured the gun had been repaired with a superceded part the last time this happened and that it wouldn't happen again. Wrong!! The gas piston had also fractured where the retaining ring holds the shock absorber spring in place. All in all another disappointing outing with this gun. It was just very fortunate that I was able to borrow a spare gun to complete the weekend. I will be getting rid of this gun in the near future and buying something more reliable. I am tired of heading out gamebird hunting with what is supposed to be a semiautomatic shotgun and returning home with a single shot gun. I then have to wait while the gun is sent away for repair.