682 rust E Sporting 30" 30" 30" 682 Gold E 32"

Guest's review of Beretta 682 gold e. 32

“682 rust E Sporting 30" 30" 30" 682 Gold E 32"”

Written on: 07/01/2012

Right ! The reason for the funny title is that I have owned 4 682 gold E's, all of them excellent in what they do - I am lucky that they all have fitted me off the rack.
Now back to the reason I have owned 4 of them, Gun No 1, 30\" sporter superb wood, few ejection problems when new but sorted by GMK via Essex Gun.
This gun went rusty and showed signs of corrosion in the action body, rust came through the gold inlay on the base and beretta logo on each side, this happened in about 12 months of ownership.
This gun was returned to GMK and a replacement action and barrels fitted to my wood so effectivley a new gun. This gun went rusty in exactly the same places within 9 months.
This time I had to have a complete replacement as GMK would not fit my wood for a third time to different metalwork.
Ok, on to gun number 3. By now as you could probably guess I was getting a little peeved at the situation and I had lost faith in 'my' 682 gold e which also by now had very 'ordinary' wood.
I sold this gun after only shooting a few hundred shells as I just did not like the look of it and the palm swell was slightly different shape.

I now own and have done so for the last 6 years a 32\" 682 Gold E sporter, I love it ! - It shoots well although you do have to 'push' it a bit due to it's length but you get used to this. Balance is perfect unlike another brand beginning 'B'. People comment on the wood and finish (oil) and best of all it has not gone rusty ! ! I will not part from this gun and would recommend a 32\" over a 30\" any day of the week due to my experience's. It gets used all weathers for sporting, skeet, DTL and occasionally pigeon,crow and duck.

Dogpound's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2013

Some people have higher concentrations of minerals in their sweat that causes corrosionNo doubt you will "Rust" just about any gun over time