AVOID 2checkout!

arumchak's review of 2checkout www.2checkout.com

“AVOID 2checkout!”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by arumchak (1 review written)

DO NOT make the mistake of signing up with 2checkout, unless you want to suffer like me!

I consider myself a typical internet marketer selling my own digital creations such as ebooks, templates, etc. I have been in business with this company as a vendor for the past 5 years. All of a sudden they make my account inactive and I lose my sales. This they did without any prior warning at all. I discovered this on my own when I found all my order links showing a 'parameter error'! When I inquired, they told me that my website was missing a number of documents such as privacy policy, refund policy etc (which is of course b.s; the link to all policies is right there on my homepage and salespages; maybe the person reviewing my website was a blind man!). I gave them the links to these policies and then they insisted that these links must be right on the order page (How am I supposed to do that? Since 2checkout really offers me a payment link redirect and not an order page). I insisted that these links are indeed ON the salespages from which customers would be ordering my products (in fact, not a single customer has raised an issue about these, in all these 5 years btw!).

When that was over they insisted that my salespages had no 'real marketing' at all. I asked what they mean by 'real marketing' since I indeed do the marketing required to sell my products.

At last they insisted that I give them access details to my customer areas (including membership login areas) so they can take a look around. I refuse this, because not only this would violate the privacy of my customers, I also don't trust them enough for that (ever seen a PayPal staff asking you for any kind of 'password/login information'?). This is the only thing I refused them and due to that they permanently set my account to 'inactive' status first and then to dormant status!

That over, I asked them to close my account and give me the remaining $54 balance I had in my account. 2checkout has a different 'release level' for each payment option they offer, in case you don't know, and if your balance is below that release level, then you won't get the money, no matter how much you beg. They said that:

'The minimum release level for a wire transfer is $300, for Payoneer is $20 and for Air Mail check is $100."

Based on the above, my only option was Payoneer. And on top of that - it is not the 'direct bank transfer' option of Payoneer, mind you (which is what I asked for because it is free but again was refused by 2checkout), but instead the MasterCard option which would actually require me to invest around $25 just to get the card! Didn't make any sense to me to spend $25 to get $54 back, so I decided to leave the balance in my account.

I thought (and requested too) that they would make an exception in case of account closure and send me one last air mail check! But NO! They are not humans at all! They are just working machines without any sense of empathy in them!

I am writing this so others know that they treat their customers like dirt, regardless of how long you are doing business with them! STAY AWAY from them! Even Paypal, as bad as they are, is still much better than 2checkout!

Oh, and did I tell you that they no longer offer services to internet marketers, although they are hardly explicit about this stupid rule! After all, they would tell you everything BUT the truth!