All Good Things Here

Guest's review of 2checkout www.2checkout.com

“All Good Things Here”

Written on: 09/11/2012

I don't usually leave reviews, but thought I would add mine here because it seemed needed. I almost didn't join 2checkout just because of the reviews here - I have to say - I'm really glad I gave it a try anyway. I've been using them for a long time and, knock on wood, I haven't ever had a problem. The actual per transaction fee and rate are exactly what I've seen and used on any other credit accepting program. They are totally normal rates. I use to use virtual terminal for shows - they cost $30 a month plus 0.30 cents per transaction and 3.1%. Anyway, getting off the subject:

With my site, I make sure an Email goes to every customer letting them know there payment was accepted and the order is being processed. When the order ships, a notification and tracking number is sent. I have very specific policies and purchases can't be made until the box is checked to agree and adhere 100%. My policies are set up in a way that avoids US and International scams. I have never had charge backs {again, knock on wood - don't want to jinx myself}. I think being really thorough with the check out, ordering process, etc...really helps to avoid those types of things happening. Make sure your customers can get in touch with you, have great communication and customer service. All of those things avoid customer confusion.

They do have a rolling hold. Mine is only 5% though. I read somewhere that someone said there's is around 15%. Not my experience. They hold it for the convenience of the seller. If you do have a charge back, they take it from there and it doesn't affect your in the bank money. They roll release it after a certain amount of time and you consistently get it paid back. I don't see where that isn't a good thing. Again, using PayPal Virtual Terminal, they held 30% in a 30 day roll. That killed me the first 30 days waiting for it to start releasing. Rolling holds are totally normal.

They also had me set up within 24 hours. Anyway - just wanted to give my thorough experience so that people know that all the fees are normal, customer service has always been great. Don't be too afraid to give it a try for a few weeks and decide on your own from there.