DO NOT USE THEM!!!

RRogerRabbit's review of Decoying.co.uk

“DO NOT USE THEM!!!”

Written on: 25/10/2011 by RRogerRabbit (8 reviews written)

I had a very bad experience with this company - MY PERSONAL OPINION IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL AND I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM! Sorry about the essay but have to back up my review for legal reasons:

Weds 5th October - Ordered DM80 Moderator for my .243, as well as a .22 Rifle & .22 DM80 - thought that ordering from one company would save me money on transfers/shipping. Was told this would take 1 week to deliver but don't have evidence of this as it was over the phone.

Wednesday 12th October - Emailed Decoying.co.uk to politely ask where my Moderators and Rifle were. Was advised they would probably be delivered on Friday 14th October. Asked that if .243 wasn't ready could they just send me the .22 and its moderator and refund me for the .243 as I needed a .243 moderator for a zeroing trip to Bisley on Saturday 15th October.

Thursday 13th October - Was told I could not cancel the .243 Moderator as it was a custom item.

Friday 14th October - .22 Rifle & Moderator arrived but not the .243 Moderator - was told by decoying.co.uk \" Your 243 mod is to follow as our gunsmith as had a lathe breakdown this week and as got a slight backlog.\" (SO IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN MADE YET!)

Friday 14th October - Picked up my .22 and moderator, and emailed Decoying.co.uk to cancel my .243 as it hadn't even been made yet and I didn't see why I should pay for 2 transfer fees from my RFD (£25 each time) due to their inability to deliver on time or communicate. Asked for a refund - NO RESPONSE FROM DECOYING.CO.UK!

Tuesday October 18th - Emailed Decoying.co.uk as still hadn't had a refund or reply to my email.

Wednesday October 19th - Had a reply from Decoying.co.uk telling me I couldn't cancel my item as work had commenced last week (somehow even though their lathe was broken and they had told me in writing the gunsmith hadn't started and had a back log?!!!). Was told it would be delivered Friday despite my protests.

Thursday October 20th - Threatened legal action; was told they'd see me in court!

Friday October 21st - Still no .243 DM80 Moderator!!!

Monday October 24th - .243 DM80 Moderator finally arrived (heavy and noisy - see my other review). Couldn't be bothered to argue anymore so just accepted it and decided to sell/scrap it next time I put in for a variation.

So basically after a 3 week ordeal this company took over £200 of my money and refused to accept cancellation of a customised part they hadn't even started yet. I had to wait anything from 1 to 4 days for a response to an urgent email.

Up to you if you want to use them, but personally I'd wouldn't!

Rrogerrabbit's Response to RRogerRabbit's Review

Written on: 04/11/2011

A follow up on this one - I received a threatening phone call about my house being on fire shortly after the above was posted on the site... the caller had a lancashire accent! I can't comment as to who is was but I can tell you that the police are in contact with the my phone company to trace the call and that decoying.co.uk have been indicated as a suspect.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions on this one :) - what a bunch of idiots!