Waltons did not deliver it! Still waiting for shed to arrive

jjuric's review of Waltons 8' x 6' Wooden Shed Tongue & Groove

Waltons 8' x 6' Wooden Shed Tongue & Groove

“Waltons did not deliver it! Still waiting for shed to...”

Written on: 28/05/2013 by jjuric (1 review written)

I have ordered £534 shed - 6 x 8 Waltons Tongue and Groove Apex Garden Shed With Front Windows on 22nd of May (Wednesday) and got phone call next day regarding delivery date. They offered to deliver on Saturday. I said I will be on Saturday at home but I did ask how will I know when will it arrive. The advice was given that I will receive a phone call from a driver to let me know what time it will arrive.
Therefore, on Friday I have dismantled my old shed to be ready for new one coming on Saturday. Saturday morning I was clearing stuff, making preparation for the new shed. I was waiting even called a friend of mine to come around if needed help unloading it. At 5pm I realise it will not come. All my stuff is now in the garden and the old shed is gone. I am not sure how to protect my stuff if it starts raining.

I did not insist that delivery needs to be on Saturday but obviously Waltons were certain it can be delivered. Why promise something that they can't deliver? Don't Waltons realise that people spend whole day waiting for the delivery? It was a bank holiday and perfect time to put up new shed. When will I do it now?
I have sent few emails today (28th of May) and no response. I have just called them and had to wait 45 min in a queue to speak to customer service adviser. I got a response that they tried to deliver but did not have access. Access to what?
Still do not know when will it arrive. Waiting to get a call back.

• Shed