Little Easy

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

JLPanecki's review of Singer 132 Featherweight Compact Efficiency Sewing Machine

“Little Easy”

Written on: 02/04/2012 by JLPanecki (1 review written)

I bought my singer 132 featherweight for it's ease of moving from location to location. I often sew on my sceened-in porch, and this machine can be picked up with one hand and placed on a table easily.

It sews just fine - although it does not have adjustable feed dogs like my big old machine. It tends to "eat" sheer material, and heavy fabrics need to be "helped" along.

As a second machine, or for cottons and general sewing, it is perfect. I use it a lot and except for sheers, have not had any problems.

I love the ease of threading(it's numbered) and of winding bobbins. I like that it has zig-zag stitches available at a touch of a lever, no changing of feet or dials.

I place it on a small table, with a tablecloth or quilt under it, to keep it from sliding. It's that lightweight!

Being aware of the limitations, this is a good machine - particularly if you like to sew in a different area now and then. Also, it stores compactly under a table, good for small rooms.

I bought my machine from Costco.com - it was ordered on Monday, delivered by UPS on Wednesday morning. I was using it later that day!

Janet