thread breakage

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30

“thread breakage”

Written on: 12/03/2013

I just purchase this yesterday and I am already having trouble with the thread breaking. If someone could help me resolve this I would be very grateful. I made one design beautifully, but after that is when the thread started to break. Please help me!!1

Weavingwitch's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2013

Hi, I also had the same problem. I purchased a spool extension (around £20) - the extension basically sits on top of the spool pin and your thread goes up before then being threaded (if you see what I mean). I no longer have any problems. I spent a fortune sending my machine in to be fixed, the tension didn't work properly etc, but now it is fine. Try it :)

Manders61's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2013

Hi,

Where did you purchase the spool extension from please.

Best Regards

Weavingwitch's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2013

Hi,

I purchased from Coles Sewing Centre.

Cost is £22.00 but may be worth searching the net and eBay. If you have any further problems let me know and I will try to help :)

Elseamar's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2014

Hi,
Can you put here a photo of the spool extension. That you put?
Thanks!

Skyland's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2014

I've learned it is the way you place the spool on your machine. Was always warned NOT to use Coats thread in my Viking it would always break. But I watched a video on Crafty form Cindy Needham a spoke person for Superior thread. She explained whys the threads my be braking and it was okay to use the lesser thread. Having a basket full of coats thread my mother always used I tried it and I be damn the thread work smooth as silk,

Chiekoy6284's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2013

Written the month that has not come yet?????????