Oh, Brother! Love my Brother NX400

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

rainyh's review of Brother NX400

“Oh, Brother! Love my Brother NX400”

Written on: 25/09/2011 by rainyh (1 review written)

When I began to take sewing classes two years ago, the shop had only Berninas which were too complicated to thread and run for a rank beginner like me. The instructor steered me to the back of the room, to their one BROTHER NX-400 MACHINE, so I literally learned to sew on this machine.

Last spring, when I stopped by the shop and saw it sitting on the sales floor with a USED: FOR SALE sign on it, I snapped it up and have not been sorry for one second. I LOVE this machine, it is a perfect one to take you from beginner to advanced intermediate sewer.

Pluses are: I have never had a second of trouble with it in any way, it is reliable and responsive and sews and even consistent stitch. It does everything I ask of it, and looks pretty cool too. It is quiet to run and doesn't "hum" when idling.

Things I'd like to see improved: The lighting is poor, not nearly bright enough for me, and the foot pedal is small and tiring to use for hours at a time.

I have fallen so in love with quilting because of this machine that I now long for something bigger, better and more sophisticated, but I will always love it. Thank you, Brother!

• 6 - 12 months

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Response to rainyh's Review

Written on: 18/01/2012

I agree whole-heartedly. I LOVE my Brother NX400. I've had it for about 6 years and am also at the point of looking to upgrade. The NX400 has served me very well. It is reliable and has done a first class job for me.