A great, user friendly sewing machine

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of AEG NM1714

“A great, user friendly sewing machine”

Written on: 04/03/2012

I was pleased to have received a new sewing machine for my birthday as the “old” one was some 25 years old and showing its age. What a pleasure to now be using an up-to-date model such as the AEG NM1714. We have other AEG products in the house which are excellent, and so for us already a reliable and trusted brand. My first impression was of how much smaller, lighter and more manageable the machine was. Using the machine is a delight as the sewing action is easy to control and very smooth and fast. I have sewn with differing thicknesses of material and each time the machine has coped very well and produced a good even stitch. The instructions are easy to follow with good diagrams and there’s a handy reminder for the stitch selector dial on the front of the machine which saves looking them up each time. The machine is solid although it seems that only essential parts are made of metal these days; hence the lightness. I would also have liked to have had included a protective/dust cover.
Overall, a very efficient, quality machine which I would be happy to recommend for somebody that doesn’t have a requirement for more advanced computerised sewing techniques and certainly perfect for all domestic needs.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Nanane's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2013

Thank you an excellent review giving me the info I was looking for to purchase a new sewing machine.