Friendly atmosphere, easily accessed, clean & lots of things to see & do.

Guest's review of Ayr, Heads of Ayr

“Friendly atmosphere, easily accessed, clean and lots...”

Written on: 31/07/2011

I decided to visit Heads of Ayr caravan park as it is was an easy site to get to by train and bus. On arriving the bus stopped right outside the park so it was an easy 2 minute walk down the path which was great as our bags were pretty heavy. We stopped in at the shop to meet the guy who seemed friendly and welcoming, he showed us to our tent pitch which was clean and spacious. However on seeing the pitch we discovered that it was right beside the children's play park, but the noise was little and did not go on past 9pm at night.

The toilets were clean and fresh with three showers which all had a good flow of hot water, however if you decide to go for a shower I wouldn't leave it past 8/9pm as the hot water runs out, this problem was also found in the washing dishes area.

The shop supplied basic things such as; milk, bread, bacon and a selection of tins aswell as pick n mix for the kiddies, but for the main shopping you would need to visit Ayr which is only a ten minute bus journey away on the 361.

The campsite owners do not really allow groups of youths to stay unacompanied so the site is mostly very peaceful and quiet, however the bar is open till 11:30pm, but from where I was staying in the tent area the noise couldn't be heard.

I cannot think of really anything I didn't like about the caravan park, but if you do decide to go I would't recommend arriving after 5pm as the shop is closed.

Overall a really good week and a very enjoyable stay. Would recommend to families with younger children because of the great park and the farm park :) And for the adults because of the good shopping (with some very nice restaurants) in Ayr and Culzean castle.