Seat Too Low on Yamaha X Max 250

malfos's review of Yamaha XMAX 250

“Seat Too Low on Yamaha X Max 250”

Written on: 13/03/2013 by malfos (2 reviews written)

My Yamaha X Max 250 was a big, good looking scooter in white / black with a large fairly comfortable seat. It was a 2009 model with around 2000 miles on clock and immaculate from my local dealer.
I like auto scooters but I have a problem with them, as most are too low for tall riders. The only one I have kept for any length of time is a Piaggio X9 500 ( 18 months and it was the most comfortable scooter I have had - height-wise)
On setting off on the X Max test ride I wobbled straight away, on setting off, because I could not get my feet onto the footboards. The distance between the seat and the boards is too short for long legs ( I am 6' 4").I had too ride with my legs straight out as if I had them on the foot boards my knees came too high up. I found this uncomfortable.

I liked the performance and dismissed the too low seat height , and bought the bike.
It went well doing 70 mph easily ( rider and gear at 18 stone) and would reach an indicated 85 mph. Fuel consumption was good and it handled well.

I could not cope with the excessively low seat height and sold it privately for what I paid the dealer a few weeks before. There seems to be a big demand for these scooters in London, as two Italian lads came to buy it, travelling from London to Bolton Lancs, in a van and paid my asking price in cash,( after trying unsuccessfully to haggle the price down) and took it away there and then.
All in all a good scooter for people of average height and build and I would highly recommend. However it is unsuitable for tall riders. ( I also sold the previous scooter I had after only a few weeks - a very nice 2009 Burgman 400 as that also had a distance between the seat and footboards that was too short and I could not live with it.