Great commuter

AKsailor's review of Yamaha Majesty 400

“Great commuter”

Written on: 12/06/2013 by AKsailor (1 review written)

I bought my 2007 Majesty new in Feb 08 as a work commuter. I lived 10 miles from work and the 20 mile roundtrip was a gallon a day in my old Jeep. The Majesty not only saved a considerable amount of gas but is a great and fun ride. The last three years I worked I only used a quarter tank of gas in the Jeep from April to October, that showing how much I used the scooter. Now that I've retired my ride is a fun ride only and I find myself inventing excuses to run errands with the Majesty. I'm not a small person, over 300 lbs and the Majesty hauls my big backside around with no trouble at all. I haven't seen another Majesty anywhere here in Alaska, wish more folks here would discover how great scooters are. Being a one lunger means it is a little rough at low speeds, I just keep the revs up until I get to cruising speed. I've driven it from Seward to Anchorage (a 260 mile roundtrip) a number of times over the past couple of years, and it handles the highway and the mountain climbs with aplomb. I'd love to try a 650 scooter, the BMW looks nice, but at over twice what I paid for the Majesty, I doubt I'll get one.