Superb machine

Mysterysong's review of Honda SH300i

“Superb machine”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by Mysterysong (3 reviews written)

Having previously owned a SH125 and PS125, I felt it was time to move up to the SH300 and my word, am I glad I did. The SH30 is a cracking machine with real pace and I also find it handles superbly ( I speak as a motorcyclist too).
I find the larger wheeled scooter so much more stable and easier to ride than the smaller wheel of the PS125 or similar.I'm 5'10'' and can easily flat foot when at lights and I also find the riding position good for me but check it out if you're taller
Build is first class (it's a Honda) with good brakes that are dual linked and I'll mention again, the turn of speed - it's even caught me out a few times with it's pull from standing still.
I'll admit there isn't much space under the seat for storage and within that I keep just my gloves and padlock but you do have the topbox.
My SH is a work horse being used for a round trip of 33 miles to work plus I use it just to go out and about - I'm finding my fuel consumption is around 75mpg which I can happily live with.
Yes, I get wind blast when I get up to 70+ and I may look at fitting the full windshield come winter time but it's the same with any unfaired machine
As a result of owning the SH300, I now hardly use my car and I'm going to downsize as a result and my motorbike only gets the occasional outing.
I've foubd the SH300 to be just perfect for me as it does all I need and more. I can't recommend this machine enough and if the rumour I hear that Honda are going to stop importing it is true, then grab yourself one while you can - you won't be disapointed.
The SH300 isn't cheap but I got a cracking deal from my dealer and I do expect to get many years use from my machine so for me, money well spent