Used to be GREAT but now is a poor show

coasterjamie's review of Doctor Who

“Used to be GREAT but now is a poor show”

Written on: 26/12/2011 by coasterjamie (19 reviews written)

I used to be a big fan of Doctor Who and I used to love the anticipation and thrills the episodes would bring. Sadly, when David Tennant left the show it all went downhill.
While Matt Smith is NOT as good as David Tennant, that is not the reason that stoppped my interest in the show. The reason for that is Steven Moffat, the new head writer. When Russell T Davies was the writer the show was fantastic, and Steven Moffat did the occasional good scary episode, however now that Moffat has taken over he seems to be taking a different approach, and it's not good...
While series 5 was OK, series 6 (both parts one and two) has been a load of rubbish with a few good episodes inbetween. I am not sure what Moffat is trying to do to the show, but we need a new writer who can produce shows that are entertaining, scary and thrilling.
In series 6 the scripts were poor, the aliens were not used to their potential (for example the hotel one in series 6 where there were weeping angels for about a second of the whole episode) and the companion (Amy or Amelia Pond) is rubbish and the show is all about her.

I still watch the show, out of tradition more than anything but all the other shows I watch are taking over and leaving this show at the back of my favourites. If it gets any worse it will be a shame, but I will probably stop watching it.

Overall I think that the main problem with Steven Moffat's style is that it is simply not what DOCTOR WHO should be about.