Epson Perfection V500 scanner. BRILLIANT.

From 1 review
  • Scan Quality

• Ease of Set Up

bonnylad's review of Epson Perfection V500

Epson Perfection V500

“Epson Perfection V500 scanner. BRILLIANT.”

Written on: 17/04/2012 by bonnylad (2 reviews written)

Already had a 3in 1 printer/scanner and copier, but I required a scanner so that I could scan slides and negatives from 30 yrs back. Apart from 35mm film I also needed a scanner for medium format (120 roll fim)negs/slides. Considered various makes and decided on the Epson V500. I bought this model and due to my age (60+) I left it standing in the box. I eventually set it up. Connecting and installing is foolproof, as the steps and procedures come up on screen. It is very easy to use and produces very good results from scanned photographs, slides, and negative film. I am using the scanner on a daily basis. The V500 can scan 1-4 slides at once, or 1-2 strips of 35mm neg. film. As regards scanning photographs the scanner glass can be filled with 4 6x4" photos.
Scanning can be done automatically by pressing the 'auto' button. I have never used that. I have used the 'professional' mode on the machine, and that is very easy to use. Before committing myself I did a lot of 'research' on the internet re various makes and models of scanners, before deciding on the Epson V500. It is well worth the money.

• 6 - 12 Months