Non-existent Customer Service

KeithU's review of Post Office Instant Saver

“Non-existent Customer Service”

Written on: 22/05/2013 by KeithU (2 reviews written)

I have an Online Saver account which is cumbersome inasmuch as it requires a feeder account and takes 5 days for money to be transferred in or out of the savings account.
My main criticism, however, is the complete lack of customer service. I emailed a query to the website 9 months ago (August 2012) and, despite receiving an automated reply promising action within 5 to 10 days, I am still waiting for their answer.
Two weeks ago I was unable to transfer money from my Feeder account into my Saver account as, I was informed, a Direct Debit had not been set up allowing me to do so. I have never set up a Direct Debit and yet have been able to pay into my account on several previous occasions. Another email to Customer Services, another automated reply, followed by exactly the same response to my query.....nothing!
The anniversary of my bonus rate is approaching and I will definitely be transferring my money to another bank/building society even if I take a reduction in interest rate. I wouldn't recommend the Post Office savings to anybody.

• Easy Access