Snooper Syrius accuracy

Guest's review of Snooper Syrius UK and Ireland

Snooper Syrius UK and Ireland

“Snooper Syrius accuracy”

Written on: 26/12/2013

This is supposed to be an integrated sat nav, speed camera alert and "my speed" (which displays current speed vs the speed limit and warns you if you exceed it) device. The sat nav is ok, but I suspect there are much better ones out there, but the "my speed" is absolute rubbish. Several local roads have completely differnt speed limits to that shown on the Syrius, and when I reported back to Snooper Neo there was no interest in correcting them. Initially they told me to set the unit up (exactly as I already had) and do an update, which I already had done. When I told them it was still showing wrong information and that the problem was the database not the unit I was told that this was down to Navtec and that it was only updated twice a year through the maps. The Snooper website claims to know the speed limits, but it obviously doesnt, and I was pointed to a disclaimer which gets them off the hook. Dont waste you money buying or subscribing to Snooper!

• Current speed limit and vehicle speed

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions