I paid upfront for a year & got only 5 months service

Guest's review of CTR Web Media www.ctrwebmedia.co.uk

“I paid upfront for a year and got only 5 months service”

Written on: 24/03/2013

I paid a year up front for Facebook ads via this ‘company’. CTR Web Media was very unprofessional and just a one man band pretending to be a large established company. This person’s ability when it comes to graphic design is very poor, so you will end up having to design the ads yourself. He even decided to remake my logo (don’t ask me why) by taking someone else’s copyright image. He also can't spell or use punctuation, so you will have to have draft after draft done until you can sign off one ad. Then once it is live it won't stay live and you will have to keep contacting CTR Web Media and asking them to refresh the ad again.

But that is not the worst of it. I paid him up front for a full year of Facebook ads. After just 5 months he stopped running my ad, he stopped answering his phone or email and he took his website offline - gone. I ended up having to contact Citizens Advice and writing an official letter to try to reclaim 6 months worth of my money. I eventually got an email reply from CTR Web Media saying "Due to unforeseen family circumstances I have been unable to continue with business until now." He now has his website up and running again and is presumably cold calling for more punters, yet is refusing to contact me with regards giving me my money back, even though he had my money up front and essentially did a runner with it. He doesn't seem to realise this is the real world where you can't just take someone’s money and then run off for a few months and start up again when you fancy it yet not deal with the customers you left in the lurch. My next step is the small claims court.