fast & fun - buy it from EVANS

From 1 review

Abigailbrahem's review of Cannondale CAADX 105 Disc 2016 Cyclocross Bike

“fast & fun - buy it from EVANS”

Written on: 18/01/2017 by Abigailbrahem (16 reviews written)

I bought the Cannondale CAADX 105 Disc 2016 Cyclocross Bike from EVANS last summer. Initially I hesitated, because I always had the impression that I would get ripped off by Evans, but not so. The bike was discounted from £1000 to £900 and I went to a local cyclist hangout to get advice of buying it as Evans vs. buying it online as maybe saving 200 or so for a second hand one. Their advice was to buy it new from Evans, because 900 is a fair price for Cannondale bike with 105 set, but also because I have the shop locally available for after service.

That was the best advice I ever had. Since I bought the bike, I have had a ton of fun with it. It is really the best & fastest and safest bike (as a combination mind you!) to ride around town, because you can hop up and down the sidewalk.. but inevitably you need to tweak to brakes, the gears, I needed a new tube put in, because I had a flat tyre etc. And guess what - Evans did it all for free. The guys in the shop are knowledge, they love their bikes and they look after you if you are friendly and show appreciation for their work.

You do need a good lock, because the bike is very eye-catching.

If you are looking for a fast, pretty and safe bike, look no further. Also no need to get a carbon frame - the bike is already so light, why spend another £500 to save 1kg? The one thing I would recommend is look at upgrading the brakes, depending on how aggressive your riding style is.