PONY PARTIES BEWARE!!!

LaurenRatcliffe's review of West Bridgford Equestrian Centre - www.nottingham-riding.co.uk

“PONY PARTIES BEWARE!!! ”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by LaurenRatcliffe (1 review written)

We booked a party with these stables for my daughters 5th birthday. We arrived for the party with 6 of her friends to find the gates locked and a note to say that they were closed until the 12th aug due to a bereavement. I can be sympathetic towards a bereavement, however to not contact or get someone to contact us about this was unacceptable, futhermore their telephone was switched to an answerphone message which said it was unable to except anymore messages. I was left with 7 very upset children who I then had to make alternative arrangements for. We did manage to book a very short notice pony party at another stables but this cost us a whopping £175 for the privilege!! I am now faced with the challenge of trying to get my money back from westbridgeford, which is proving difficult.
I sincerely hope that other family's are contacted so as other children don't face the same disappointment mine did!

Trailrider's Response to LaurenRatcliffe's Review

Written on: 01/10/2013

Good luck with getting your money they owe me money since may so I have taken them to the small claims court

Helbob1's Response to LaurenRatcliffe's Review

Written on: 31/10/2013

I saw this review after booking my daughters party (through a group on offer) for the 10th August and was obviously very concerned as no one had been in touch to let me know the school was shut. I had been trying to get in touch with the riding school for a week before hand but like above kept getting a call minder message which was full so couldn't leave a message. I also emailed them and also had group on try to get in touch all to no avail. Eventually, the day before the party I managed to get through and was told not to worry the school would be open. On the day of the party we arrived on time to be met by a young girl who said she would let them groom a pony. After an hour of this (this poor girl had been left to look after us on her own and didn't have a clue what to do with us) the children obviously started to get bored and I was worries we wouldn't have time for riding so I asked if we could have the party food which was included. Well we were left with no food while the girl went off to have her lunch, when I managed to track her down she said she didn't know where the food was! After half an hour of waiting a lady came with a tray of samdwiches she'd onviously just put together. There was no other food, just sandwiches. Luckily I had a packet of crisps in my bag which I shared between 10 children and we had the birthday cake I has made! Eventually with 15 mins left of the party staff seemed to appear and the children had a go at riding but unfortunately some guests had to go. All in all a very stressful party mainly due to the lack of staff and organisation. A 2 hour pony party with only 10 mins riding, and hour of basically stroking a horse and 45 mins waiting and eating sandwiches. I would not recommend and like I've read from another review group on should not sell offers for this place again!