Dissapointed

Guineathepig's review of Mill Farm Riding School and Trekking Centre

“Dissapointed”

Written on: 19/08/2013 by Guineathepig (1 review written)

Bought a riding day experience for my daughter and her friend and both were really looking forward to the day.
Firstly they started an hour late and seemed very disorganised - not sure where the staff were, if they had the right horses for the group, etc. i stayed to talk to the manager about the days events as the stable girl couldnt tell me what they were meant to be doing. Manager gave me a brief description of the day and left.
When I picked the girls up at the end - their faces said it all. Dissapointment.

They only had approx. 20min ride out of a day that was advertised to offer 2-3 riding opportunities (a day being 9.30am till 4.30pm). They spent most of their time in the stable block with a handful of teenagers/twenty something girls looking after them - giving vague instructions on grooming while they gossiped (as my daughter described it). Alternatively they were given simple quizzes and colouring in to do (not what a 9yr old wants).
No adult/manager was available at the end of the day to speak to about my daughters disappointment.

The only plus was that the horses seemed well cared for.