Very disappointing trek

Guest's review of Mill Farm Riding School and Trekking Centre

“Very disappointing trek”

Written on: 18/03/2013

My friend and I had read the good reviews about Mill Farm but we came away very disappointed. The owner was only interested in telling us "that we shouldn't be there if we didn't want to fall off a horse" just what the two people who had never even sat on a horse wanted to hear. She showed a real lack of interest in us and didn't hang around very long. The drive to the trekking centre is horrendous, sports cars are not advisable due to the amount of pot holes and a drive along the canal tow path! The facilities are not great, we had to stand on buckets to get on the horses, which meant one lady fell flat on her back twice trying to get on. The beginners trek which we were on meant the leaders came with us on foot, leading the total beginners which was great until one of the horses bit and kicked one of the leaders. Unfortunately she had to go back to the trekking centre as she was hurt, but did not send anyone as a replacement. This meant there were not enough leaders to be with the beginners and at times one lady was so far behind we had to keep shouting to the leader at the front to stop and wait for her. As the conditions weren't great it meant we were very limited as to where we could go which was a shame. The canal path was very slippy and my horse kept stumbling, the fields were just bogs that we just had to wade through. The poor leaders were up to there ankles in mud. I know the weather could not be helped but it did seem to me that no one other than the leader who got injured could be bothered with us. It didn't seem a very professional outfit and it makes me wonder if the girl at the back of the group with no one looking after her had of fallen off, how the owner would have reacted then!