Beginners Trek Saturday 12th May - Basil & Jess

vlhurrell's review of Mill Farm Riding School and Trekking Centre

“Beginners Trek Saturday 12th May - Basil and Jess”

Written on: 13/05/2012 by vlhurrell (1 review written)

Went to Mill Farm as a Groupon Deal, came all the way from Sheffield. When we arrived i was beginning to think it was going to be a poor deal as the people who met us had questionable welcoming skills. However when we (finally) got over to the trek centre itself it was much better. The lady taking charge there was much more approachable and set us up for the day. I rode Basil and he was excellent, and was lead by Jess who was just as good. I think she may be the only person ive met who can talk more than me!!! She was lovely, and very passionate about the horses telling me lots of stories about them and how often she comes. It was very clear she loved being there. She made the trek very enjoyable and is a credit to Mill Farm. The only let down was the soggy ground meant we couldnt do much more than a short trot and even as a beginner i felt we could have done a little more.
The only way the visit could have been better is if the greeters at the riding school were as friendly as the helpers. Also if there was a middle course that meant you could do a little more controlling of the horse on your own and more trotting then this would appeal to me rather than doing the beginners again. Thanks for a good day!!