I Love It!

Guest's review of Glen Jakes Stockport

“I Love It!”

Written on: 09/07/2011

I love Glen Jakes. I've been riding there for 7 years, and I have no complaints about this riding school. The staff are all amazing, and are very considerate towards everyone and everyone's needs. The horses all have regular days off, and are looked after well, constantly having a supply of hay and water, with their required feeds given out at the correct time. If any of the horses are unfortunate enough to become lame, or ill, then they are treated well, and correctly, and are given the correct amount of recovery time, before they are slowly brought back into work. There is also a wide range of horses, which suit every persons needs. Some are for more timid riders, and some are for more advanced riders. This means that it is possible to ride a wide variety of horses, and helping to expand your experience, making you a better rider. The courses that the riding school provide are very good, and these include, Own Your Own Pony, Stable Management, One Day Event, Half an Hour and Hour Group, Private and Semi-Private Lessons, Different Hacks and Jumping Lessons. There is not much to complain about from this wide variety of horses and courses. It is also possible to request a horse, or something in which you would like to concentrate on in the lesson, helping you to become a better rider. Through the riding school, I have also made great friends, who I now enjoy their company outside of the riding school. I have learnt lots from these people, as some own their own horses, and have helped me on the path to buying my own horse. Overall, I have nothing to fault about the riding school, and would DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone who is interested or who is looking to learn about equestrian.