removals guys great, admin dealing with a complaint not good

Guest's review of Eco Movers www.ecomovers.co.uk

“removals guys great, admin dealing with a complaint...”

Written on: 05/11/2012

We moved in august this year and whilst the two guys worked none stop and where very good, they did break our tv. The estimated time was not exact and I spent £30.00 on parking permit tickets. When dealing with the general manager regarding our tv and varies other issues he hide behing his policies and procedures, therefore being very partonising and not forgiving of the issues I was not satisfied with. He has made me they upset throughout the process so our move cost not only more time and alot more money. I would suggest if anyone uses ecomovers make sure you read their terms and conditions extensively and ask alot of questions regarding your move and estimated times and money.

Darrenpardy's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2012

Dear Rachel

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the service you received. I really appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your move as well as the aspects you were not happy with. We are very proud of our operatives and how hard they work and will certainly pass your comments onto the team who moved you.

I really am sorry that you were not happy with the way we handled your claim for the TV you reported as being damaged during the move. I am particularly sorry that you felt our response was patronising. Clarity is at the heart of our customer service goals and we have worked very hard to be as transparent as possible regarding how we operate. To this end our terms have been ratified by the Office of Fair Trading.

As with all British Association of Removers (BAR) registered moving companies, we do have very clearly defined policies and procedures. We would not be able to deliver a consistent service without them. We did explain verbally before accepting your booking and in our confirmation email, on the PDA handset which you signed prior to our crew commencing work and in our terms and conditions that you were responsible for arranging parking.

We estimated that your move would take 9.08 hours. You did accept that this was an estimated price and not a fixed price quotation which we would happily have provided following a site survey. In reality your move took 9 hours and 30 minutes. I am sorry that you felt that 22 minutes was such an unacceptable variance on the estimate. Within our industry a variance of 3% is considered very accurate.

I would welcome the opportunity to prove we can deliver on your expectations and would like to offer you or your family or friends 15% off your next move. Please do call or email me to discuss.

With kind regards