Italian Style - Albanian Engineering

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Smeg Fab28

“Italian Style - Albanian Engineering”

Written on: 21/06/2012

Have loved my Smeg for 2 years, yes the door rubbers did go, and yes the interior plastics are rubbish and fall apart.......But it looks beautiful!

Sadly it has now died, Smeg, who are useless and after waiting 3 weeks for an OVERPRICED ENGINEER to visit (£120 ph) have condemned it saying it is beyond economical repair as both the Compressor AND the main board are gone.

Call me old fashioned but for over £850 I expect it to last a little longer as I told the service engineer so as to get as much use out of my callout fee as possible.

He explained that the insides of the fridge are not Smeg, well they are, but they are also Gorenje and something else, and that they are not made in Italy, but ALBANIA and SLOVENIA, they are just assembled in Italy.

So all of this has left a rather sour taste in my mouth, SMEG are appaling at customer service and assistance, their fixed price and free parts promises are basically a scam and the fridge is basically a £1k talking point for a kitchen.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful looking piece of art, it is just rather rubbish as a fridge.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2012

I fully agree with this review. I had only had my Fab28 a few short weeks when bottle rack on the door cracked, for the extortionate price of the fridge you would expect something more robust. I bought mine fridge online but would n't have picked it if I had seen its internal fittings at first hand in a store. Flimsy -and overpriced replacement parts too.