Wouldn't buy hotpoint again

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Hotpoint RLA84

“Wouldn't buy hotpoint again”

Written on: 18/04/2013

I thought I was buying quality after a few years of owning a few of their appliances I wouldn't buy hotpoint for anything again.

I've had this fridge for about 6 years

Major break down after 2 years the compressor broke, replacement seems fine for now although making some strange clunking noises.

Today the door handle broke.

As mentioned by others anything you put in and touches the back becomes soaked in water or frozen, yes we have played with the temperature dial and leave it alone and one day soaked items one day crisp frozen lettuce, so something is amiss as we aren't fiddling with anything.

I have their matching freezer to go with this that too has had issues from the start, interior plastic moulding cracked, freezer drawers are too brittle and snap when frozen have gone through two sets of those now and still happens.

I also have a dishwasher from them after 2 years the front digital monitor packed up where it dims and comes back to full brightness and dims again.

I will never buy hotpoint again I was misled that they were quality long lasting and long wearing items, guess they aren't any longer.

• More than 1 year