Thinking of a cheaper appliance?

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Beko CDA543FW

“Thinking of a cheaper appliance?”

Written on: 08/06/2012

Usually pay for the alleged best, but decided to try something cheaper partly because of Which? reports on the brand. Not as quiet as our old Bosch but the exterior finish does not dissapoint. Interior is not quite as good in a few detail respects, but considering the price difference it would be churlish to criticise. If it gave a general impression of cheapness I would have been very unhappy. We have only had it six months, but if it proves reliable will be well satisfied.

Cfc2000's Comment

Written on: 30/10/2012

I have saved a fortune since I stopped subscribing to Which? After many disappointments with their best buys (Sony dvd recorder, Sony tv, Sony digital radio, amongst many others) I now do my research on the internet combined with looking at quality brands (eg Miele, Panasonic etc). The trouble is that Which cannot test for longevity, so their guesses are no better than yours, despite the superficial "scientific" appearance of their test regime. Recently they tested batteries and gave the best buy to Lidl's own brand. Anybody with any sense knows that Duracell outperforms these batteries, and are far less likely to leak. So another daft Which? finding that goes against all experience. Giving Beko a Best Buy rating when there has been a huge scandal over fire risks and every technician knows how unreliable their products are... words fail me. Google Beko and fire risk if you don't believe me.