Same as most agencies to be fair.

Isabelz6's review of Rise Technical Recruitment - www.risetechnicalrecruitment.co.uk

“Same as most agencies to be fair.”

Written on: 19/11/2015 by Isabelz6 (1 review written)

Like many agencies, they advertise jobs that do not exist, they ad could be several years old, they just want to get candidates onto their books.
The other thing they might try to do is ask questions about your references and get contact details with a view to selling them their services, a very bad idea if you want to keep former employers on side.

I had a conversation with them regarding a potential position and basically I was asked what i'd done before and what sort of equipment i'd used, because the consultants are mostly not technical, they work from a list and if you don't mention one thing, no matter how simple (like knowing how to use a soldering iron) they'll tell you your not right for the role.

For one role I was told that I didn't have PCB design experience, despite having my own PCB design/etching equipment at home and despite having a successful Youtube channel dedicated to designing and building electronics projects.

But again, being fair to them, all this is no different to most recruitment agencies and indeed most office spaces, these admin types don't understand what engineers do, we're seen as "dirty workers" and not as innovators.