Disgusting service from a 'service' business

JK999's review of Michael Page www.michaelpage.co.uk

“Disgusting service from a 'service' business”

Written on: 21/07/2013 by JK999 (1 review written)

I have given MP a wide berth for the last 6 years or so following the disgusting by treatment received from 2 of their constants regarding 2 different roles they were recruiting for. I was strung along for several months by these guys and fed numerous carrots to keep me interested, however on every call they were digging for information regarding the structure of my previous employers and trying to be all 'matey'

I think because they could garner no information from me (I refuse to talk about structure and details of past employers even with potential new employers, so I certainly wasn't going tell some agency) they dropped their interest in me and stopped calling and returning calls

In the Last few weeks however I found a perfect match for my career and a great opportunity for me to progress to my next stage, imagine how gutted I was when I saw it was being advertised by MP. I deliberated for many days before deciding to have a punt and thinking that the consultants might have been pulled in to line by the business sent off my CV. A phone call the following day proved sadly I was not wrong and sadly MP have not changed, the consultant who called started of asking about my aspirations but pretty soon was trying for information about my current and past employers. I stopped him in his tracks and politely pointed out that I had applied via them for a vacancy they were advertising and my previous employers were not currently looking for a job. The consultant couldn't wait to get me off the phone with promises of 'I will look at our current vacancies' I pointed out again that I'd applied for a role that matched my career and experience and the job spec perfectly so could he possibly talk to me about that role? He came out with a classic 'I will have to look at your CV in detail'

Forgive me but if he hadn't already read my CV in detail then why the hell was he even calling me?

Time wasters. Never again MP