Does Hays Have A Blacklist?

MarvinManning's review of Hays www.hays.com

“Does Hays Have A Blacklist?”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by MarvinManning (1 review written)

I ask this because I attended several interviews at Hays in Melbourne many years ago. I was eventually offered a temp position, which I filled responsibly and competently. However, the wife of the owner of the business (who happened to be the person who dealt with Hays) took a dislike to me. I am not sure why. Anyway, Hays had told me before I commenced work at this business that this was a "temp to perm" position and that after one month I would be offered a permanent position. I wasn't. I was fired by the woman who'd taken a personal dislike to me.

After that I continued to apply for positions advertised by Hays, but I never heard from them again despite having always heard from them in the past when applying for jobs (with considerably less experience at that time, I might add!). I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Hays will blacklist a candidate about whom they've received negative feedback? I no longer apply for positions advertised by Hays (obviously) and I'm in a position that I love, but it would be interesting to know whether Hays engages in such a process. I could almost understand it if I'd actually done anything wrong, but to the best of my awareness, I hadn't. I showed up to work on time, usually completed all of my tasks ahead of schedule and asked for more work to do. The business owner's wife simply didn't like me. I can't help but wonder if she had a good old sook to her Hays consultant (it's also possible that this woman wanted to hire a family friend for a cheaper rate than Hays was charging her; Hays do tend to over-charge in Australia so whilst I'm not condoning a practice that would be strikingly similar to nepotism I do understand the motives behind it in this instance), and after the aforementioned sook, I was blacklisted somehow.

Does any Hays employee have any insight into issues such as this?