Worst of the worst

Guest's review of Hays www.hays.com

“Worst of the worst”

Written on: 03/10/2013

I have been on Hays books now for years. To be honest, I'm not sure why, I think it is mainly due to not bothering to get them to remove my details.

In all that time, I have never gotten contract work through them: it has always been through other, more professional recruiters.

During my time with them, I have applied for a number of positions, but they have ALWAYS managed to do something to screw it up, from little things like not forwarding the covering letters they have asked me to write to the prospective employer, to things like the consultant going on holiday half-way through interview sequences and NOT briefing a colleague to handle the work in their absence.

One of the most staggeringly shocking and telling signs that Hays are not all they are cracked up to be, is when you run the "consultant" that you're dealing with through LinkedIn. when you see that up until 6 months ago, the person was working in a bar or still at school, you realise that the over-cocky waffle that the are spouting over the phone, is just that: BS and that being cocky because you are a complete nipple is a far cry from being cocky because you are good at what you do.

I stopped applying for positions with them a while ago and realised that I am not doing myself any favours by continuing to have my details on their database, where they may use my information to "farm" contacts and other potential clients.

With a 25 year long career to continue nurturing, I don't have the time or the patience to continue dealing with these unprofessional buffoons.

Alisonkibby's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2013

I agree!

From the outset they have been hopeless. Never put me forward for roles, and never return calls.

They are quick fill, churn them out recruiters. I'm shocked they have any organisations as clients.