Dont waste your time!

Guest's review of Hays www.hays.com

“Dont waste your time!”

Written on: 17/06/2013

I don’t really have much to say about Hays Recruitment other than they are completely useless. I have 13 years’ experience in Admin, I have applied for numerous positions including positions for office juniors, basic reception jobs and jobs which I am fully suited to and mentally equipped to carry out, do I hear anything from them “never”. All I do is apply, apply, and to no avail. Not even a response to my application. Why is it Hays that seems to have all the positions advertised, they have away more percentage of the job market than any of the other recruitment agencies. I went through the whole interview process, fill in this and that. I actually believe the jobs don’t really exist! I would not recomend them to anyone.

Skellfree's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2013

Totally agree. Like you, I am highly qualified and the positions I have been applying for are totally within my capability and some half the salary. It seems to me that if at any point you don't take a job they offer you, they then try and punish you by not returning your calls, failing to respond to emails and just generally acting unprofessionally, to the point of lying and saying consultants are not around, when you can clearly tell they are.

I will not be applying for any further NHS or other positions with them. I hope some of the recruitment staff never find themselves in a position where they have to look for work, as they seem to have a distinct inability to think outside of the box and recognise career changers and hardworking people when they recognise them.

Quite sad and pathetic, really, when that is the business they are in...Was going to make an official complaint to their management, but I think I will just end up more frustrated; therefore, on this occasion, I will just leave it...

I also agree that they - like many other agencies - clearly do not have the jobs they advertise available, but rather, it is a repetitive ruse to make people register...Very frustrating and I also would never, ever recommend them to a soul...