It Doesn't Work

• Sound Quality

RoyBurton's review of Pure Evoke 3

Pure Evoke 3

“It Doesn't Work”

Written on: 01/11/2012 by RoyBurton (1 review written)

I bought a Pure Evoke-2 radio for a Christmas present for my wife about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, although we live in the metropolitan area of Perth, there is no reception. I think that this may be because of a steep hill behind our house. I know nothing about radios and how the waves are transmitted. What I do know is that, although digital radio has been spruked as being the best thing since sliced bread, and from what I've read, the Pure radio is the best, the one I bought doesn't receive anything other than crackles and pops. I wrote to Pure when wew first got the radio asking about aerials but didn't get a reply, so the radio has spent the last couple of years in a cupboard. My wife got it out the other day and said we might as well sell it. Before I put it on ebay I thought I'd write to Pure again. I left a message on their facebook site but have heard nothing yet.
My advice to buyers of digital radios, whatever the make, would be, to ask if they will accept a full refund if the radio doesn't work where you live.

• Sound Quality