Worst value for money ever

• Sound Quality

Guest's review of Pure Digital Tempus-1

Pure Digital Tempus-1

“Worst value for money ever”

Written on: 16/05/2013

Great functionality, easy to use, nice sound quality.

After 5 years the OLED screen is on the way out and it switches itself on randomly during the night. I asked about repair and they said they couldn't and offered me and offensive 20-30% off another really expensive and unreliable radio.

I spent £100 in good faith and bought an additional speaker for another £30. Very upset, will actively avoid anything Pure, wish I'd never recommended to anyone - I have a number of friends who have followed my choice.

• Over 1 Year

Time Digital Radio Owned

• Sound Quality

Jaynelingard's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2013

I am just struggling to try to get my PURE Tempus 1xt working. After around 5 years when I loved using the radio, it now loses its presets and sometimes the alarm works and sometimes it doesn't - completely unreliable. At first I thought it was something to do with power cust but having contacted PURE, it seems it is some form of radio dementia.

I also was offered a discount to buy another PURE radio. I'm really not impressed - this is built in obsolescence with a vengeance. What am I supposed to do this this great lump of stuff if I buy a new one - send it for landfill? To the charity shop with a label on saying "you can listen to the radio but you have to tune it every time you turn it on, and don't rely on the alarm" ???

It should be illegal to trade in this way - PURE - sort this out