Stopped after 39 years!

trier's review of Champix

Champix

“Stopped after 39 years!”

Written on: 03/04/2012 by trier (1 review written)

I have been a 20ish a day smoker for 39 years and have tried several times to give up (never stop trying).

After a very bad bout of bronchitis I knew something had to be done. I went to my NHS quit session and saw the nurse.I blew into the monitor with a result of 29 (SHOCK) She told me about Champix and off I toddled with prescription in hand.

I got home and read hundreds of reviews and scared myself to death, should I take it or not was the question. Lots of horror stories but in contrast lots of happy endings. Only one thing to do and that's to try it myself BUT my husband monitored me.

Day one... Ate 2 slices of toast and drank a tumbler of water then took pill... No sickness or any other bad effect.

Day two... Ate 2 slices of toast and drank a tumbler of water then took pill... No sickness or any other bad effect.

Day three...Ate 2 slices of toast and drank a tumbler of water then took pill... No sickness or any other bad effect.

Day four...Ate 2 slices of toast and drank a tumbler of water then took pill... No sickness or any other bad effect.

Well after four days,cigarettes tasted awful, I hated the smell so I set my quit day for day five!!

I went back to the clinic and told the nurse I had stopped after 5 days. I blew into the machine and my score was................. Wait for it........ONE!!! Yipeeeeeee

I then discussed taking the blue pills and decided that I would just take the one in the mornings. This works for me. No sickness, headaches and not one unusual dream. Oh and bonus I have also lost two pounds in weight, result!

I am now one full week smoke free and my husband is still smoking, he does smoke outside but when he comes into the room where I am, I can smell the evil weed! We have friends staying with us for two weeks and they both smoke too but with the help of Champix I know I can quit this weed for good. GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THIS.

• Tablet/Capsule

Product Type

Guest's Response to trier's Review

Written on: 13/04/2012

That is so lovely to read,I have started taking Champix today and like you my monitor reading was 29 and I was horrified,just hope this works I've been smoking for just over 30 years and about 20 a day just hope it will help me.

Trier's Response to trier's Review

Written on: 27/04/2012

Well done Wolves! I'm on 4.5 weeks and have been counting the £££££s I have saved. I'm now reading reviews about the ipad2. Just a little reward for not smoking, may as well spend the money on something I can see.
Keep on keeping on. X

Wolves770's Response to trier's Review

Written on: 24/04/2012

Follow up.................Hi I am now on day 12 of taking Champix and day 6 of not smoking..I'm sooo happy,really didn't think it would be so successful...I just like you went to the clinic last Friday and my reading was 1 too...it is such a great feeling to be smoke free :-)

Trier's Response to trier's Review

Written on: 16/04/2012

Follow up report....................... Now been 3 weeks free of the weed! I went to town on Friday and called into my bank. Ewwww what a smell, I could smell dirty ash trays. It just shows you how sensitive these tablets make you to smoke.

Still NO side effects and still on one blue tablet a day. Good luck to you all and if I can be a support to you just give me a nudge.