Stylish & comfy but not pratical!

Jennaboo's review of iCandy Strawberry

“Stylish and comfy but not pratical!”

Written on: 23/02/2013 by Jennaboo (1 review written)

I've been using my icandy strawberry for 10 weeks now. I love how sleek and stylish it looks and my 10 week old loves her carrycot and always falls asleep easily in it. However, there are a few negative points I have to mention. i havevlisted them below.

The first major flaw is the front wheels, they are a nightmare. I mean to the point it could be dangerous. I was out for a walk in the park with my children, it was a little muddy and all the mud, twigs and leaves clogged the wheels, I had to tip onto the back wheels to get home. I dislodged all the muck, which took me around 30 mins. I was shocked at the sheer amount of mud and derbies that came out, I had to use a knife to scrape most of it out. The front wheels are fixed so they cannot be removed.

The front and back suspension has developed a squeaking noise. I went back to the shop where I purchased the pram, they have told me to spray with polish and leave overnight. So I will give this a try and see if it resolves.

The icandy decals came away after a few days. I purchased icandy decal stickers from EBay.

The poppers for the carrycot apron are awkwardly placed and are a little fiddly to do.

The bumper bar is fixed. I would've liked to see a gate opening mechanism for ease of getting child in and out of pram/ carrycot.

Also I would not recommend putting light weight items in the basket as they usually blow out with a slight gust of wind.

Overall a fantastic looking pram best suited for city living and those who don't do much walking. If I'd have known what I know now I probably would have went for the icandy peach or jogger instead of the strawberry ( my sister has the peach and has none of these problems).

I would like to see icandy fix the design flaw with the front wheels ASAP.

• Travel Systems