Poor quality construction, poor quality customer service.

Guest's review of iCandy Apple

iCandy Apple

“Poor quality construction, poor quality customer service.”

Written on: 03/02/2012

I purchased a black 09 iCandy Apple 3 Wheel jogger pushchair with Maxi Cosi car seat and carrycot from a baby store about 15 miles from me as you can't buy online. I thought this would give me a good interface between seller / manufacturer and myself in the event of a problem. This was wrong. The pram was ok whilst my little girl was small. I used the carrycot and it was very nice. Problems arose after the first year when the front jogger wheel encountered problems. It tipped when going down kerbs and the connection had begun to shore away giving it a substantial amount of wobble. It had difficulty finding its way around the 360 swivel when the front wheel had been lifted, for example going up a kerb etc. Quite often it wouldn't go forwards without me pulling back and easing the swivel wheel to one side or the other. I kept trying to ring the baby store to no avail as they weren't answering their phone. I don't drive so couldn't easily get to the shop. I contacted iCandy who were less than helpful. They said the buck stopped with the retailer not them. I also did not like the lie flat for this chair. Whilst it did have a number of lie flat options it always meant that my daughter's feet were higher than her hips instead of laying legs flat too. It looked uncomfortable and she always liked to lie flat for naps. I wish I had bought something else online. Most online retailers will send a courier to pick something up if it develops a fault etc. iCandy did not want to know despite issues with the retailer not answering their phone. Expensive gimmicky pushchair. Don't bother with it. Replaced with second hand Jane Slalom when daughter was about 18 months old.

• 3 Wheeler

Type of Pushchair

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2012

I have the same problem with our ICandy apple jogger purchased over 2 yrs ago. From the very beginning we have had issues with the 360 swivel. This results in the wheel effectively jarring and makes the buggy come to a jolt stop! You usually have to manually turn the wheel back to position in order to correct. The basket underneath the buggy has struggled with the weight of a few groceries plus a changing bag. When there is extra weight in the basket, the weight of the basket partially rests on the front wheel. The repeated friction cased by this has resulted in a hole on the basket, and an irritating rubbing/dragging sound while pushing. Furthermore as baby has now grown into a toddler and is naturally heavier, we are also experiencing a substantial amount of wobble. The buggy is now starting to collapse when the wheel jars. I too wish I had purchased another brand.