Only good for people who live in decent areas!!!

Annoyed201313's review of Homeswapper www.homeswapper.co.uk

“Only good for people who live in decent areas!!!”

Written on: 08/07/2013 by Annoyed201313 (1 review written)

Homeswapper is a huge waste of time.I am unfortunate enough to live on an estate which has had a horrible reputation for itself in the past.Last couple of years it has come on leaps and bounds and is a better place to live.
I have been on Homeswapper since march 2012, and have had interest from people wanting my 4 bed home for their 3 beds which is no good to me as I need a 4, and also from people who live outside the city I live (No where on my page do I state I wish to move away from city I grew up in)
I think that Homeswapper benefits people who are lucky enough to live in nice areas,they can just go from one nice area to another. For people like myself who would like to live in a better area for my children and to have a fresh start it is impossible. Nobody in a nice,sought after area is going to want to move to an estate, let alone an estate that has a bad reputation. I definitely think there should be more options in place for people in unsavoury areas that have been struggling to swap for over a year.And do not get me started on the amount of idle accounts on there. I have 17 pages I can search but only 5 pages of those have active accounts!!
Ridiculous!!

3Aroline's Response to Annoyed201313's Review

Written on: 15/07/2013

I totally agree with you. I have the same problem, i too live in an area with a bad reputation, but it has improved massively and i have never had any trouble where i live. I have contacted dozens of people about swaps and even those who live in a worse area than don't want my house! I'm willing to swap a 3 bed semi with a large garden for a flat and no one wants it. Been on Homeswapper for 7 months now i hope it ends soon.

Arrabella1965's Response to Annoyed201313's Review

Written on: 02/09/2013

I couldnt agree more with what you have written above.. we have a 4 bed house with garden (house is a listed building), surrounded by parkland ... the properties are worth nearly 500K on the market.. but because the area has a reputation no one wants to know.. keep getting the line of 'we have to think of our children' ive had 2 generations grow up in this house with no problems.... some people are just too fussy