Very Poor Service & attitude. Do not trust to do their job

From 1 review

A4MCF's review of MDS Associates - www.mds-associates.co.uk

“Very Poor Service and attitude. Do not trust to do...”

Written on: 27/03/2012 by A4MCF (3 reviews written)

We own a property in North Herts where MDS Associates are based and our estate agent who manages the rental used this company to provide the itinerary check at the start and finish of the last tenancy. At the end of this tenancy I personally checked the property after MDS conducted their checks. The amount of problems that were not picked up by MDS was appalling. Unclean/ Scaled shower heads, weeds in the gravelled garden, water stained stainless steel sink, a poorly repaired brick wall which was new when the tenants took over. These had to be rectified at our expense. The worst thing about this company was that when challenged about these points (most of which were mentioned as fine in the initial itinerary) was that they stated it wasn’t their responsibility to report on them. One has to ask, what the point in them providing this service if they don’t mention issues like these.
When I mentioned the fact I would review them on this site I was threatened effectively with liable if I dare do it, the owner stating that his governing body, the Association of independent inventory Clerks would pursue any claim against his companies name.
We have since instructed our agents to use another company, which we are very happy with. I would not recommend MDS to anyone. If you have a choice, use someone else.